200 Hour Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training
Grow your knowledge, deepen your practice, leave the struggle behind, and learn to teach yoga!
200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING SUMMER 2019, BEGINS JUNE 20, 2019
At beFree Yoga, we believe that yoga is for everyone – our mantra says it best, but yoga is for people of all ages, all sizes, all colors, and all walks of life. Our primary intention is to inspire the passion of yoga while supporting the growth of a consistent practice by providing a safe and fun atmosphere that allows our students to experience 1) the highest quality yoga experience; 2) a real and lasting connection with the community; 3) continued development of both strength and flexibility for total body wellness; and 4) true freedom from struggle.
Our Teaching Tradition
The word YOGA is translated as “union”, or “to join”. It is in this spirit that our teacher training program was created – to join together the many different yoga lineages of the world in one comprehensive program that preserves the essence of each, and operates on the principle that the sum is FAR greater than the individual parts. You may have taken classes that focused on classical methods from Sri BKS Iyengar or T Krishnamacharya; practiced flows from the Ashtanga and Vinyasa style of Sri Pattabhi Jois; enjoyed the gentle and soulful approaches of Mataji Indra Devi, or perhaps dabbled in the methods of Bikram, Anusara, Baptiste, Forrest, Kundalini, Yin, or others. The beautiful list of lineage yoga continues on and on. Our goal at beFree Yoga is to respect all modalities, and seek to provide the raw essence of each through teachers who have dedicated their lives to the specific foundations and theories inherent in each – and who use their knowledge in a way that heals the body and mind. We encourage you to determine what method speaks to you – and allow you to develop your personal practice and unique teaching style.
Some of the tools you will learn include but are not limited to: 1) postures (Asana); 2) breath regulation (Pranayama); 3) meditation (Dhynam); 4) nutrition and Ayurvedic Science; 5) lifestyle; 6) mantra/intention; 7) guided self-inquiry; 8) methods of training (various formats of Vinyasa, classical alignment, nidra, restorative, prenatal and more); 9) philosophy; 10) how to construct and create your own style of teaching; 11) creative and safe sequencing; 12) a comprehensive and exceptional anatomy course; 13) how to teach to multi-level classes; 14) how to find freedom instead of struggle; and much more.
beFree Yoga Teacher Training is open to anyone who wishes to become a yoga teacher or deepen their practice. It is recommended that you have been practicing for a minimum of 6 months. You must be willing to embark on a journey of personal transformation involving self-reflection, consistent practice, deep curiosity and a willingness to become a lifetime learner.
beFree Yoga Teacher Training is open to all any will not impose restrictions to acceptance based on race, creed, occupation, religious or political affiliation, age, gender, and/or physical ability. We promote equal opportunity as long as the student shows commitment to the learning journey. Please be sure to email and disclose any health (both mental and physical) to our staff when you are accepted to the program. This will remain in the highest confidentiality.
Join a host of respected teachers and doctors with many thousands of hours of experience, including Elise Carter, Holly Ingram, Kortni Hampton, Cody Carter, Mark Hembree, Matt Magill, Sapna Punjabi-Gupta, Kenny Kolter, Tanya Wood, and Angela Wagner.
Summer 2019 beFree 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Schedule
Our teacher training program is completed over the course of 6 intensive weekend immersions. Training weekends take place from 6-9 pm on Thursday; 4-9 pm Friday; 8am-6pm Saturday (with meal break given); and 1-6 pm Sunday. In order to graduate, 100% attendance is required for the entirety of each weekend. Unavoidable absences planned in advance (before teacher training begins) AND approved by the lead trainer will be excused but make up assignments must be completed prior to graduation. 20 hours of observation and classroom assist time is required in addition to a service project.
Weekend 1: June 20-23
Weekend 2: June 27-30
Weekend 3: July 11-14
Weekend 4: July 18-21
Weekend 5: August 1-4
Weekend 6: August 8-11
Summer 2019 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Tuition
1) Full Tuition – $2,799, $500 non-refundable deposit due at time of registration to secure your spot.
2) Early Bird – $2,499, $500 non-refundable deposit due at time of registration to secure your spot. Save $300 if you register by April 20, 2019
– Early bird rate ONLY APPLIES if tuition is paid in full by June 20, 2019.
– Payment plans are available for students in four payment installments. 100% of tuition payment must be received in full BY OR BEFORE TRAINING BEGINS ON JUNE 20, 2019. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Top 5 reasons to do beFree Teacher Training in 2019:
1) Free unlimited yoga while you are in teacher training. Valid June 1 – August 31 for summer session.
2) Learn from the rich and diverse lineages of yoga with an in-depth look at anatomy and alignment; an invaluable tool for deepening your personal practice as well as your understanding of yoga should you wish to teach. Balance the knowledge of power yoga with the understanding of restorative yoga, and learn how the two were never meant to be separated.
3) Meet a yoga family that will be a part of your life forever – truly, many of the people you go through yoga teacher training school with will become lifelong friendships.
4) Gain confidence – both in your own personal practice and in your ability to help others learn how to heal their bodies, minds, and spirits.
5) Experience radical personal transformation that you never even dreamed was possible. Learn how to stop struggling and move into a space of freedom.
(and an extra – If you have already completed a 200-hour teacher training program but want to take a deeper dive into the study of yoga, no problem! We will give you a $500 discount. If you qualify for this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your certificate and dates of previous training.)